Saturday 6 July 2024

I Am A Fighter - part 1


Before Surgery

 This article I am writing from my hospital bed, on 7th day of my surgery for Squamous cell carcinoma. The writing may be disjointed but the real time feelings are being expressed to covey the message "HAVE FAITH AND STAY POSITIVE".  

Staying positive is the key to life. Having faith and submitting yourself completely to God is ultimate essence of life. I do not know why but after great suffering, pain and discomfort I am not disheartened.  I was not shocked or scared or in denial when I was finally diagnosed with cancer.  I know the journey I am on to recovery will be long and path difficult but I choose not to accept defeat. After all who abd what can defeat a "defeated person".

It was long 7 hrs surgery with my face and neck getting slashed and stitched like football. Recovery of consciousness in ICU was tough. So confused, tired every bone aching tubes running through nose and chest. But in every dedicated staff I saw God. I came out of it in my hospital room weak, tired  but cared abd lovedl for.

I appreciate from the depth of my heart the ICU staff's commitment, dedication and patience. 

God through Col. Sinha and Mrs Sinha have sent me to able hands. They will do the needful. I just have to cooperate. 

Radiation or no radiation this course of action will be decided eventually. But if Almighty has decided this path of life then He will only guide me. I should bear everything with grace and dignity. 

I am not allowed to speak but what stops me from reading,watching my favorite serials, connecting with my friends through WhatsApp and ofcourse saying my daily prayers? Nothing. 

 Negative attitude which i will not allow to creep in me. I am a fighter. I have fought against odds earlier also. I will defeat this cancer also. 

Taking care of yourself, hygiene and following doctor's order to the T is must.

The scars on my face as my son in law,says will not be scars but badges of survival. Wear them with pride ija he says.

What is must is a supportive family. Do I have one? Oh yes. God has blessed me with wonderful family and the extended family is super supportive and loving. With my husband walking hands in hand after every RT feed, my daughter playing cards and chatting with me, telling jokes while we walk in the hospital corridor. My grand children letting their mother be away so that I can be taken care. Son and family trying best to come from USA to be with me.

What do I need more. Good experienced hands taking care, supportive and loving  family and God monitoring everthing from above. 

I will win the race with flying colours. I will write about my experiences later. Just now I want to be the proverbial  light for those entering or entered into the long arduous but navigable path of cancer. 

Remember "Nothing and No one can defeat you except Yourself"


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely....fighter...fighter..positivity 100%....you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ma'am..this was a peep in your heart n mind indeed..and.. very rightly said by yourself..'I am a fighter' .. सारी दुविधा वहीं समाप्त हो जाती है .. मैंने पहले भी कहा था आपसे .. वीर, मिहिका की शादी में आपको झूमना है । ये पिद्दी सा tumour आपके mountain साहस को छू भी नहीं सकता। जल्दी ही आपसे मिलने की इच्छा है .. let's see..buh bye..my Gladiator 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ma'am,

    I hope you remember last time we hugged and said "you did it". I am seeing the same face of yours while reading this post.

    You are a true fighter. We are waiting to see you.

    ReplyDelete