Monday 8 July 2024

I Am A Fighter -part 2

Second part of the article is also being written from hospital bed. Reality came knocking down with bang. Cancer is in third stage. Localized. Not spread to any part of body except out of three lymph nodes 2 were infected. So it will be wait for a month till stitches heal, then starts radiation therapy. 

Again I took it stoically.  As I said earlier it is  long journery to path of full recovery. The side effects of radiation therapy will be there. There will be good days, bad days, worse days. But then "Q sera sera what will be will be". Why loose your peace of mind by over thinking about things I cannot change. 

Fluid retention from internal seepage is taking, not getting drained completely making right side of face look like inflated foot ball and left side like deflated rugby ball.

Doctor comes deflates it but the bugger refuses to remain deflated. 

Will be discharged tomorrow to recover at home. Hope recovery is fast so that timely radiations can start. My only worry is finances and my husband who is 74 yrs of age and gets hassled fast. He cannot see me suffering. Seeing him brave faced infront of me I feel like laughing and telling come on my dear tell me you are scared. Sometimes crying, laughing together or simply holding hands can be therapeutic

There have seen people in my life whom I idolize for there strength and positive thinking.  

One person I would like to quote here is Siddharth Sinha (Bunny for us). Young chap with bunny teeth always smiling, studying hard. No special treatment madam he would say if I tried to be soft on him in my tution class. He was dealing with third stage blood cancer from the age of 12. 

His skin started cracking, going blue but he never stopped playing cricket and passed 12th with flying colors. Got 87%marks in chemistry my subject.  

Can a defeatist, negative thinker do that. A big No. He taught me what it takes to be a fighter. He lived with us with his toothy grin, happy go lucy attitude till Almighty had destined. You did not fail me Bunny I will not fail you.

My elder brother Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pant has been constantly monitoring my progress and the support and strength he and my bhabhi Rekha Pant give is beyond description. They are my pillar of strength.

The nursing staff doctors in Jehangir hospital are extremely professional, experienced and such humane kindly attitude that I tend to forget I am suffering from stage three squamous carcinoma.  

I feel I  should mention the names of nusring staff Ms.Priya, Ms.Sayali, Ms.Roshni and Mr.Prateek from ICU. They are not nurses by profession only but by heart also. Dr. Dhar and Dr. Prabhune are expert hands one can rest assured of best treatment. When they smile I smile too eventually.  

Stage three I will go through all cycles of radiatios, tolerate all that comes my way and defeat you. Because God has made me undefeatable soul.

Cheer up my all friends who are sailing in the same boat. Say to yourself:

"I AM A FIGHTER.

WILL REMAIN SO ALWAYS"

Remember your fears defeat you nothing else.

1 comment:

  1. ..third stage..!!? Is it ?? Difficult to accept n believe..but good that no spreading .. god speed recovery for you..

    ReplyDelete