Sunday 23 May 2021

Seeking Forgiveness


 Seeking Forgiveness



Your scream,

Like a dagger searing hot,

Struck my brain and heart,

But yet I could not feel or share,

The burning pain of your hand.

              It wasn't as if I was unaware,

              Of your agony and pain,

               But Was knowing enough?

Streaming tears,

Recurring hiccups,

Those innocent eyes,

Alluring me to help,

And oh my dear baby,

I could not share your pain.

              "Why" I asked God?

               I lit the lamp in your prayer,

               Asking you to bless us all,

               What wrong had I done?

               Oh lord that you put,

               My little one in such pain.

  How easy it was for me,

  To put blame on God,

  Knowing v'well I had failed.

         I know those precious pearls,

         Glistening on your cheeks,

         The heart rendering wail,

         Silently asking me why? 

         Why did I fail,

         Why did I fail you?


                    The blister on your palm,

                     Left a deep wound,

                     In my hear and mind,

                     They say time heals,

                     The wound.

                     Yes it did heal,

                     The wound  you had,

                      You have grown,

                      The scar is gone,

                      But no time frame can,

                      Erase the shame,

                      The scar,

                       Of my heart and mind,

I get nightmares,

Keep the lamp safe,

Out of reach,

Even sometimes now,

Of whose reach?

I do not know. 

                   May be one day,

                   God and you,

                   Both will forgive.

                    When you grow up,

                    The power of forgiveness,

                    Will be your's,

                    I seek your forgiveness,

                    Will you forgive?

My delicate flower,

My vibrant rainbow, 

Though no one blamed,

Yet

Till then I'll live in shame,

Of my inadequacy,

Of my unkept promise.

To keep you safe. 

                         

Your Naani.


             

No comments:

Post a Comment