Wednesday 30 June 2021

O My Homeland Uttarakhand




 O My Homeland
Uttarakhand

Deep in my longings,

For the hills of my birth,

For the valleys of my life,

Where rivers flow,

With youthfulness and grace,

Where clouds are the crown,

Brooks cover the chest,

Rivers wash the feet,

Of mighty mountains, 

I miss you Thee, 

O My Homeland. 


With the

Longing is my heart,

For the lovely Temples,

On hilltops and by the flowing rivers,

Where mytrle grow in abundance,

Where moonlight Pine trees embrace,

I miss you Thee,

O My Homeland.


With the

Longing in my mind, 

For peacefullness unbound,

For sweet fragrance of pine,

For the smell of rice,

From expanse of farms,

I miss you Thee,

O my homeland.


With the

Longing in my ears,

For the rustling sound,

Of Pine and Deodar leaves,

For the sound of flute,

Played by shepherds,

From distant hill top,

For the echoing sound of,

Conch and bells,

From neighbour's house,

O My homeland,

I miss you Thee.


With the

Longing on my taste buds,

Of the sweetness of berries,

Red Kafal, Ghingaroo, Plums,

And yellow juicy Hisalu,

Of the golden Peaches an' Apricots,

I miss you Thee,

O My homeland.


I yet remember the embrace,

Of huge lush green mountains,

When we used to foray in glades, 

Making us feel loved and protected,

The cool breeze calming restless mind,

I miss you Thee,

O My homeland.


Gingaru, Kafal, Hisalu 

๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️๐Ÿž️



2 comments:

  1. Didi each line is awesome.
    O my homeland
    I miss you thee

    This is the reflection of every uttarakhandi's heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pankaj.
      Memories of Almora, Patiya, Pithoragarh, Chindgal are deeply embedded in my mind and heart. I get nostalgic...

      Delete