Friday 12 April 2013

My Heart Aches For You



Association of 5 years with you and you became an extension of my family. I could not even phantom being with any other person than you during the time of need. You had given me which all other had refused to even consider, my first child.

While I was unable to hold my first child and had a very difficult pregnancy the second one seemed to feel too cozy in the air-conditioned room which he did not have to share with anybody else. Yes I am speaking of womb which he simply did not want to leave. 

Pregnancy got extended by 15 days curtsey the unwillingness of my baby to venture into new world. Doctors were eager to get the baby out in our world from his protected cocoon. But then what luck! You had to attend a religious function the night they decided to force my baby to see the world outside. I, who was liked by the doctors as a wonderful patient, became adamant and said no to be as much as touched by any other doctor than you. 

What a pain in the neck you are you said in mock anger. If I die just now you will not deliver the baby? 

The answer was an emphatic no. No not in your absence and that also when my baby also says so, I said with a grin. 

You always had patient’s welfare in heart. For you, your profession was your religion, patients God and their welfare worship. Rest of the doctors suggested caesarian delivery but you did not agree and instead of injecting me with hormones for initiating the pains you sat quietly next to me saying your prayers and mockingly cursing me for making you miss the function. 

0200hrs. pain started and 0230hrs. I delivered a healthy son. All credit goes to your prayers, dedication and patience. 

You laughed and said ‘Thank God I was sitting here, else the Son would not have risen, because this stupid mother would have forced him to remain in darkness for God knows how long’.
You are God mother of my both Kids.

You were old but energetic.Your smile was infectious. Like a fresh breeze of air you would enter into patient’s room and put your magic wand (hand) on them. You were God’s incarnation for them.

Your death came as a blow to me. I could not bear to be in the same hospital without you, so changed my hospital. God bless your soul.

 I have an equally dedicated, loving and expert gynecologist Dr. Anuradha Wakankar. But nobody can take your place in my heart. 

You brought joy in my life and I know where ever you are now you must be doing the same for people around you.

I salute you Dr. (Mrs.) Mehta and miss you a lot.

1 comment:

  1. She would know that there is someone who cares about her deeply no matter where she is!

    ReplyDelete