What happens when the vehicles comes from four main roads only to find that all roads have been dug up at intersection and no vehicle can move ahead, along with this neighboring area declaring Autonomy and functions as and how it pleases it.
CHAOS is the first word which comes to mind.
Every one wants to escape traffic jam so start turning to narrow lanes and by lanes, which ultimately lead to main road to destination. The jostling leads to frayed temper, four traffic wardens, one near each road are God send in this situation.
But what about the part which refuses to listen to all reasoning and pampering, wants to be independent.
Complete Chaos!
Well similar situation is in my mouth. With main lymphatic channels broken (absent) after cancer surgery the lymph gets collected in cheek muscle like traffic due to dug up roads.
The boss (brain) orders traffic wardens (fingers) to direct the traffic towards bylanes where ever there is little opening before major block and traffic jam occurs.
The main channels for the lymph to flow are broken completely, with no repairs in sight, lymph takes by lanes to reach its destination.
Lymph drained....
I used to think when gently coaxed this lymph drains in mouth. What a fallacy! Dr. Dhar cleared my doubt. When massaged in one direction (Lower) it slowly flows towards the lymphatic channels present in near by areas.
Now when ever I see roads choked with traffic, I immediately think of my cheek and inadvertently start massaging in one direction (upper to lower end), leaving navigating through by lanes to our driver. Both serve their purpose with positive results.
Now imagine in the midst of traffic jam the neighboring township starts agitating for Autonomy or infact starts behaving as autonomous part, rather than part of city. My Rules! like it or not, we want freedom will do as it pleases us.
God forbid if ever such situation arises, stern action by security forces, armed forces will have to be taken to bring normalcy. But how much time it will take for simmering ambers to cool off no one can predict.
Well well similar situation is in my mouth. With broken roads for lymphatic traffic to flow smoothly on one side, the salivary gland on other side thinks "I am no lesser than the right cheek (by the way surgery was on right side), I should get equal attention if not more. So it declares Autonomy. Think they are inspired by GenZ and political leaders on padyatras. 🤣
I will live and act as per my rules. Who are you to question? First it undergoes tools down strike. So no work, no saliva. Mouth suffers with xerostomia.
Now you understand the repercussion of ignoring me, it seems to tell me. So I start giving it equal attention. I slather it with lemon juice by sucking on lemon pieces, by drinking lemonade thrice a day. After much pampering it gives a bit leeway to me and starts giving out something sticky and thick, which by any measure cannot be called saliva. But beggars can't be choosers isn't it? So I pamper it more without neglecting my right cheek.
The situation is like today's government gently managing disgruntled members of their party while managing rouge protesters and non cooperative opposition with diplomacy and tactics and negotiations.
The self declared automy is very distressing to my mouth, so I am yet pampering my salivary gland, with my fingers crossed, wishing and hoping that atleast after three years of surgery and radiation, it will give up it's demand and stop behaving like autonomous body (two years have already passed). Negotiations take time 😂. Listen to boss and give relief to the harried mouth.
Now teeth are also sharpening their weapons (edges) and hurting my tongue. Before they even think of Autonomy and try to cut my cheek and tongue, I blunt them or rather my dentist does this job to keep them in control.
Phew! What an ordeal!
But being cancer free is great blessing.
Bye for now. When this Autonomy issue is resolved it will be breaking news in my news channel oops sorry blog "Heart felt Rendezvous with Life"

No comments:
Post a Comment