Friday 29 September 2023

Conversation With Flower

Wars start and are bound to end, but what about the war which rages inside me. When will it end? Or will it end ever?

I see flowers blooming in my balcony garden. One bright flower, it's pink petals dancing showing off their beauty remind me of my young age. Bright eyes, shiny skin sharp mind, full of life just like the flower.

The flower looked at me, the bright petals threw a kiss at me. Really! was it real or just an imagination of restless mind? Then it happened. The branches shook, caressed me, the ethereal sound from petals came startling me. We strated having conversation. 

Petals : Why you look so dejected. Aren't you happy with your life ?

Myself : Happy? What is that? Do you even know how cruel this world can be? 

Petals  : Ok let me say it this way. You look at a flower with so much love and care.You appreciate our beauy, and then there is this sudden sadness swimming in your misty eyes. Why? 

Myself: I see and perceive the boundless beauty nature has bestowed upon you. Then I realise your petals, adhered to base are dancing with joy. Gods small and big creations come to you attracted by your beauty, soft tender touch, alluring fragrance but once you wilt you will pass into oblivion. Will some one remember you all? I find the likeness in your life and mine.

Petals : Yes sure there is likeness in your life and ours. Look at the bud. The sepals are holding each other and us tightly, protecting us and the future. We had to work our way up to see the light. The sepals had to bear the brunt. They quietly bore all pain like your mother who gave you birth.

Like me you also grew and bloomed into a beautiful young lady. Remember we came to this world and grew, but pain was borne by some one else, unseen unappreciated always supporting us, smiling as we bloomed.

I may look free and carefree from above but check I am attached to the base. It is my centre of the world and we petals are rooted to this center. Our circumference is our present, but the center is future. 

We do not dwell upon past we live in present with dreams of future. 

We don't believe in separate identity. The flower is our identity. We do our duty of  spreading happiness. 

Then the flower smiled and said "Ah yes you were askimg about insects creeping upon us, birds pecking and pricking hurting us. No pain no gain dear. We feel happy that we provide them with velvety cushion when they come to gather nectar. 

These bees, birds, butterflies insects are so thankful that they carry our pollen all the way to drop them on stamina, so that the process of new life starts. 

We wilt away slowly contended that we did our part to bring seeds of future generation, protected in center of our world. Happy and contended we fade to oblivion. 

Our seeds spread in places we never knew. So do yours. We know when new plants come, our sacrifices will have not gone in vain, so do yours. 

Accept the circle of life and smile.

I felt the wilting petals gave me a final kiss. A kiss of awakening,

A kiss of lesson, 

A kiss which was key to happiness which I unknowingly had locked in deep crevices of my mind and heart.

Myself: Thank you dear flower for being so kind and patient, opening my eyes to the truth the and happiness of life.

The language nature speaks, the lesson it teachs is singular. 

Nature is The Best Teacher. Nature alleviate the pain and sadness, it teaches how to live and why to sacrifice. 

It teaches how to be selfless, carefree yet caring for others.

The flowers keep blooming reminding me to enjoy all phases of life,  but remain rooted. Maintain your identity and let the ego fade away.

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

Jyotsana Pant 

No comments:

Post a Comment