Wednesday 13 May 2020

Learn Oh! Humans



Easter day it was,
Upside down I was hanging,
But so were the children on the other tree,
It was a game for them,
Not for me.

They were awaiting a feast I was not,
They were bathed in perfumed water with perfumed soap,
I was made to wallow in my own urine (Ugh!),
They had eyes closed,
They were dreaming of the day ahead,
My eyes were open wide,
I was also dreaming,
Of the day ahead.

Their dreams and mine varied,
because
I was the provider.

I never begged to them for mercy,
Fear was not known to me,
I waited for my destiny,
I had seen my parents do the same.

Then came the dagger with shiny blade,
Slit my throat,
I was happy I died,
For the happiness of others.

For,
Is it not true that,
One should live for cause of others,
Die for the cause of others.

Learn oh! Human, learn from me,
Even if I am a humble sheep.                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment