Tuesday 22 September 2015

An Evening At Yolo Gastro Bar

What does one look for while searching for a place to have a relaxed enjoyable evening?  Loud thumbing music hitting your eardrums and over the top decoration where one feels like being in a local arts gallery are a big deterrents for me. Overcrowded place with no space to oneself, forcibly listening to the conversation of others due to extreme proximity of the tables put me off to the extent that I make a quick exit from the place. Well for me apart from soothing nice ambience, enough space to relax and good food are some of the criteria to sit and enjoy my evening.

Few months back in Pimple Saudagar it was difficult to find a place of my choice and liking. It was a casual survey of 9th floor of Spot 18 I saw Yolo Gastro bar and 18 Degrees. Both are great place to enjoy food. But a relaxed evening with a soothing music by DJ and great cocktail / chilled beer Yolo Gastro bar was my choice. When I want to go with my little one then 18 Degrees is my choice.

Well since I am writing about my experience at Yolo Gastro bar so I will leave 18 Degrees for now. Getting out of lift and seeing not so large gallery space may make you think twice, but make no mistake, the owners have not cramped up inner space for the want of increasing the seats for patrons. Once I was inside the Yolo Gastro Bar I told myself “well I should give it a try once”.

Yolo has a brightly lit well maintained bar in the main dining space and a separate smoking area, which again gives enough room to patrons without forcing them to inhale what is not of their choiceJ.
The bright smile form the welcoming desk, manager, waiters, table boys and the chef makes you feel welcome and comfortable.

We were assured that they serve enough for a person in one helping and boy! Do they? Yes. Their cocktails and mocktails are well thought of and the bar person does justice to what they serve. We ordered few chilled beer and Nachos to start with. The nachos were freshly prepared and the dips were great. They had that authentic Mexican taste and flavor.

Since my husband is a vegetarian thus we ordered only vegetarian food. But judging by what and how much we got in one serve was enough for us to decide that I leave non-veg fair for the day we come with my daughter and son-in-law.

Chilled beer and crisp nachos, great outside view, soft mixed music by DJ and ever so helping staff made our evening pleasant. French fries were regular in taste but again the serving was realy large.

This multi-cuisine restaurant offers more than the regular matar-paneer and butter-chicken. How can such a lovely evening end without dessert. We were suggested baked Gulab-Jamun and a fruity dessert (specialty of this place), well we do have a sweet tooth and astronomical appetite for desserts, thus ordered bothJ. Did we regret? NO not at all.

The tall glass of fruity, creamy, colorful dessert full of crunchy nuts and a base of ice-cream was treat to eyes and taste-buds both, baked Gulab-jamun were great. I did have a suggestion for the chef about dessert, but was hesitant to tell. But when we thanked the manager and staff for their great service and food they were prompt to ask for suggestion and the chef was more than eager to listen to us. 

Thus I suggested that adding nuts after roasting will give great flavor to the crunchy nuts and also add some praline layer in between. Hope they incorporate these suggestions.

I strongly suggest to those who want to enjoy god food, music, drink and nice view , to visit Yolo Gastro bar at least once. You all will love it and will want to come here again and again.
Now I need not to travel 15-20 km to enjoy the evening and turn up tired because of travelling in crowded Pune roads.
I could not click pictures as I was not carrying camera or mobile, thus for pictures of the place you can go to JD.

Have a nice enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment